[Lazarus] IDE Spotter- issues

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Sep 26 00:28:56 CEST 2018

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018, FTurtle via Lazarus wrote:

>> The single click was chosen because this is how it works in Atom.
>>
>> Where are all these options or rules described ?
>>
>> Because the IDE Tools - Options page does not contain such a setting.
>> Or at least, I didn't find it.
> Don't forget about filter. Just insert "do".
> It placed here:
> Tools/Options/Environment/General/Section "Mouse Action", Checkbox "Prefer double-click over single-click".

I already found it.
It's not available in packages, only forms internal to the IDE can access this setting.

>> If I select something, it's always single click.
>> Project inspector, IDE Tools - Options treeview. Everywhere.
> This option has an impact, in particular, on "Search results" form, "ToDo List" and etc.

I discussed this with Mattias.
While the option you mention is useful for the windows you mention,
We think the IDE spotter is more like a dropdown in functionality.
So single click.

But I will change the spacing.

Michael.