[Lazarus] Command line interpretation on Linux console program...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 20:28:58 CEST 2019

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 22:03:55 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>I have a project where I am creatinmg a video splitting utility using
>FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus 2.0.0 calling ffmpeg via RunCommandIndir()
>defined in the Process library unit.

A project related question for the command line utility:
I have enabled the addition of version information in Project
properties (just version info, no icon).
So I filled it all in and hit OK then used Run/build to create the
executable.

Now my question is this:
How can I inspect the program file and verify that the version info is
actually included?
My development machine is a Linux Mint 19 virtual computer under
VMWare Workstation PRO15.
I used the system file browser (named Caja) and navigated to the file,
right clicked and selected properties. But nothing showed up regarding
my info.
So how can I see what was entered as version info?
In Delphi it used to be that you had to do a build to stuff it into
the executable. So I have used Run/build to create it.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden