[Lazarus] getlazarus.org search request

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 05:05:03 CEST 2019

Ryan,

My sites are built on my custom web class library that optionally uses
templates to generate content. Templates are simple fill in the blank page
type text files which use reflection to pull properties of a objects into
the template.

Here is how a template is formatted:

<head>
<title>Search Results: {Phrase}</title>
<link href="/styles/your.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all">
</head>
{SearchItems}

And a template file for the search item:

<a class="searchResult" href="{Source}">

If you want something specific with regards to layout, just send me a
custom template and possibly a css file to make it look however you want.

Since I have written this web library myself, its very easy to modify and
extend. I might add the ability for anyone to send their own templates and
browse or select from templates directly on every page, but that extension
is not likely to happen in the next few days.

If anyone is interested let me know and I'd produce a short instructional
video on how the my web library makes developing web pages easy. The only
hard part is writing html and css, which for plain stuff isn't hard at all
really. But html and css are design work, so you get out of html and css
work is whatever kind of design, taste, and effort you put into it.