[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.2 EditorMacroScript error on first startup RPi4B

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 21:07:52 CEST 2019

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 19:39:23 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus

>On 09/07/2019 19:03, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
>> I have just installed fpc 3.0.4 + Lazarus 2.0.2 from svn sources on a
>> pristine Raspberry Pi4B with 4GB RAM.
>>
>> But now (again) on a first ever start of the newly installed Lazarus I
>> am greeted by a pop-up dialog:
>>
>>       Error in EditorMacroScript
>>
>> It was a while now since I last installed on the bare metal from svn
>> but still this problem pops up. It has done that every time I can
>> remember and I even posted here back in 2016 about it.
>>
>> Apparently nothing has been done, and I do not know what the
>> pascalscript really does in the IDE so I cannot say if I will be hit
>> with some unexplainable error down the road.
>>
>Yep nothing has been done since.... (Except for me hoping, that one day
>I have the time prioritized to install Laz on a RP myself....)
>Well the underlying PasScript was updated (not sure if in 2.0.x but in
>trunk). But that seems to have done little for arm.
>
>The error happens once only, the result is stored and EMS disabled.
>There is an entry in the Tools > Options to enable it again (or check
>the xml files in your conf)
>
>PasScript sometimes needs to call code from the project (i.e. binary code).
>For this it needs to pass params, in the correct registers/stack. Since
>that can change (calling convention), the IDE performs a selftest.
>
>It finds that PS does not work on your platform.
>
>There is an alternative calling mechanism. I did not test that yet.
>Compile the IDE with:
>   -dPasMacroNoNativeCalls
>Then enable the test again.
>
>---------
>Before you try that define, check if the following patch (currently
>applied) is actually needed
>https://github.com/User4martin/pascalscript/commit/269faf94db7be08f243aa1b1f55b28624e0692d5
>
>It is something that is not in the original. Not sure though if correct
>or not.
>
>You can also test this patch (or its absence) by running the testcase in
>the PascalScript package.

Back to this issue again after installing the latest Lazarus 2.0.4
just released.
It does the same thing...
Is there really nothing one can do to stop it from happening? Yes, I
know it just happend once on a new install, but still...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden