[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.2 EditorMacroScript error on first startup RPi4B

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 10:37:42 CEST 2019

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 01:27:12 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus

>I build an installer for 2.0.5 (which does include the extra verbosity)
>/ 64 bit only
>
>https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-snapshots/files/test/
>lazarus-2.0.5-61719-fpc-3.0.4-20190817-win64.exe

Downloaded and installed this 2.0.5 test version as a separate
installation (like I always do) on my Windows 7 x64 workstation.

Then:
- Start Lazarus from installed shortcut
- Configure Lazarus IDE - [Start IDE]
- Now NO pop-up complaint about missing script
- config/editormacroscript.xml is empty (no data)
- "Tools/Options/Editor Macro Script/Test again" button is disabled
and above there is a "Scripting active" message.

So this Lazarus installer successfully deposits a working Lazarus
*without* the initial message about disabling the pascal scripting.

And Lazarus options seems to be exactly like the 2.0.4 I installed
previously.
So the message I previously saw about deactivating scripting seems to
be an *installer* bug when in fact the installation has succeeded all
the time...

Now gone in any case!
Thanks!

--