[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.2 EditorMacroScript error on first startup RPi4B

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 23:58:46 CEST 2019

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:51:31 +0200, Martin Frb via lazarus

>On 18/08/2019 21:19, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
>>
>> Parameter type not implemented!
>>
>So on arm that explains the error.
>It does not implement passing a set as param (must be set, since string
>worked in other tests).

Does this mean that FPC on Arm is not generating the expected code
like it does on Windows? So the cross-platform operation is somewhat
broken?

>I have to see, if there are any options.
>Otherwise I will disable it for arm (since it does not currently work
>for anyone, it would not be a regression)
>
>As for what happened on windows, no idea.

I know that on RPi Arm I had to figure out what build essentials to
install every time I needed to put FPC + Lazarus on a new system.
I had to retrieve sources via svn and build on the system so I had to
figure out all that was needed to succeed.
I put all of this into an installation script I use every time
nowadays (I have been doing this for 6-7 years now). It assumes
nothing but a pristine out-of-the-box Raspbian installation which
needs some more packages in order to work with s/w development. So the
script installs that for me.

And it has worked every time except once when the RPi went from arm6
to arm7 and a flag had to be added into the fpc build commands in the
script.

I think I have seen the same first start error for a long time on the
RPi. It is quite possible that I don't have the complete set of
required packages listed for installation in my script and this is
what breaks it. But that is provided that it is not an fpc deviation
for arm of course.

On Windows I have yet to build a dev system myself, I always use the
"official" installers there.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden