[Lazarus] Project Groups are saving LPI files

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Aug 28 09:23:16 CEST 2019

On 17.08.2019 16:53, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 13:43:58 +0200
> Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Project groups are saving my LPI files upon loading the project
>> group.
> Huh? Do you really mean, merely opening a lpg touches some lpi files?

Yes, this is exactly what happens. The project group rewrites all lpi
files within the project group itself.

> TXMLConfig.CreateClean;
> TXMLConfig.Flush; -> should write, so needs Modified=true
>
> Maybe it is a bad idea to auto flush on Destroy.

So what is the reason to have the modified flag when it is set to true
on loading - when the file is definitely not modified?

Another idea would be to have a "Force: Boolean" parameter in Flush that
would ignore the modified flag and write anyway.

Ondrej