[Lazarus] Debugger backends configuration

Zoë Peterson zoe at scootersoftware.com
Fri Aug 30 18:58:21 CEST 2019

What controls what appears in the "Debugger type and path" dropdown in
the Debugger backend preferences?

I have two macOS systems, one running 10.13 and one 10.14 that have
different items listed.  The 10.13 one lists fpdebug, GDB, and LLDB
based ones (6 total) and I've been successfully using "LLDB debugger
(with fpdebug) (Beta)".  The 10.14 one only lists the GDB based ones in
the dropdown though.

We have some custom commands in our build scripts, and both FPC and Laz
are slightly out of date from trunk, (FPC more so right now).  I'm
building on both systems using identical scripts though, and even tried
wiping FPC, Lazarus, and their configurations off the system and
starting from a fresh FPC 3.04a install.  Currently building Lazarus as
64-bit with the Cocoa widgetset, using Xcode 10.

Where should I look for whatever is going wrong or being excluded?

Thanks!

--
Zoë Peterson
Scooter Software