[Lazarus] Duplicate items in xml doc files

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Fri Dec 20 00:55:31 CET 2019

Am 19.12.2019 um 20:48 schrieb Don Siders via lazarus:
> That's a possibility. Mistakes happen. But in looking at the file
> there are several duplicates. I don't think I would have been that
> careless.

Just to make sure: It was never my intention to say that you did.

> I edit manually too. It's neither difficult nor error prone. I get
> exactly the FP Doc markup that I feel is appropriate.

Now we have a problem. FPDocEditor and LazDocEditor ARE distributed with
Lazarus, and nobody is prevented from using them. So, when I modify one
of your recent xml files using FPCDocEditor, there's a chance that
FPDocEditor will destroy your markup and add numerous svn diffs again.

> I am using the IDE to navigate source and determine ancestry. I use
> Atom to edit the FP Doc XML description files (due to its support for
> XML syntax and "XML-completion" facilities). I use Tidy to validate
> the XML content. I use ASpell to catch spelling mistakes and
> fat-fingered typing.

A long tool-chain. Only enthusiast like you will do that.

I really think that in particular FPDocEditor, maybe also LazDocEditor,
is an important tool for the occasional user. But it should be re-worked
to produce consistent and svn-friendly xml files.