[Lazarus] Update Lazarus from svn, what happens on rebuild?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 23:39:29 CET 2019

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 19:35:17 +0100, Luca Olivetti via lazarus

>El 22/12/19 a les 13:40, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha escrit:
>> On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 22:26:32 +0100, John Landmesser via lazarus
>> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>
>>> This one builds the IDE with all extra packages you installed yourself:
>>>
>>> make clean lazbuild useride starter
>>>
>>> i Hope, thats a useful and correct answer!
>>>

>> I have not tested it yet since I have a working system at the moment..
>>
>> But I have a question regarding this command since I have several
>> different versions of Lazarus installed on my Raspbian system:
>>
>> Do I have to specify the --pcp directory in order for the command to
>> correctly find the already installed packages that need to be built
>> into the IDE?
>>
>> If so how is that information incorporated into the command?
>> The command itself will be executed from within the Lazarus source dir
>> (retrieved from SVN).
>
>Omit the "useride" from the make command then
>
>lazbuild --lazarusdir=. --build-ide= --pcp=your-config-dir
>
>(which is the same thing ยท"make useride" would do with the --pcp added
>at the end).

Thanks Luca & John!
Then I wonder about the "starter" command in the first proposal from
John, what does it do?

Should I use:

make clean lazbuild useride starter --pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6
or
make clean lazbuild starter --pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6
or
make clean lazbuild --pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6

AFAIK starter is the go-between when Lazarus rebuilds itself, right?
So is it removed and has to be rebuilt if one executes
 make clean?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden