[Lazarus] Bootstrap problem

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Feb 16 09:36:44 CET 2019

Hi,

After updating & recompiling FPC trunk, I tried to compile a LCL program and got the following in Lazarus which is configured
to use trunk:

Compile package LazUtils 1.0: Exit code 1, Errors: 1, Warnings: 1
Warning: Recompiling LazarusPackageIntf, checksum changed for /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.3.1/units/x86_64-linux/rtl/classes.ppu
lazutils.pas(25,47) Fatal: Cannot find LazarusPackageIntf used by LazUtils. Check if package FCL is in the dependencies.

It seems somehow the change of FPC didn't trigger a recompile of the FCL package.

I managed to get out of this problem by compiling the program with a lazarus configured to use fpc 3.0.4,
and then recompiling it again with the lazarus configured to use trunk.

Michael.