[Lazarus] Suggestion for an IDE enhancement

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Wed Jan 2 00:46:02 CET 2019

I'm in no way competent to try to do this sort of thing myself with
the IDE, otherwise I would have a go at it. :( It also reflects the
fact that I'm an untidy coder - I just write the code flat, and then
let the formatter tidy things up for me. That way of doing things
leads me to one suggestion, I have no idea how difficult this would be
to implement, I just thought I'd float it in case there were a bunch
of "me too"s.

What I would find really useful is if, when I change the case of an
identifier in the code, there were an entry in the context menu to add
that identifier to JCF's list of standard capitalisations, so that a
future run with the formatter would make the same change to all the
other occurrences of that identifier. If I'm missing something, and
there is a way to do this rather than

source | JCF | format settings | identifiers

then I've missed it, and would be very grateful if someone would point
it out to me!

Thanks,

Brian.