[Lazarus] Can't start lazarus trunk

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Jan 3 14:56:50 CET 2019

Op 03-01-19 om 14:35 schreef Mattias Gaertner via lazarus:
> On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 14:03:15 +0100
> Joost van der Sluis via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
> There was no project yet that didn't need the fpc sources.
> With pas2js this has changed. So this needs an ignore button now.
>
> Are there any plans to make fppkg a requirement for all fpc projects?

No, not at all.

>> [...] When the problem is fixed, you won't see it anymore.

>>> That's not new.
>>> It's new that you can use fpmake instead of lazbuild.
>>
>> [joost at fed4k laztestpackage]$ ppcx64 project1.lpr
>> [...]
>> And yes, project1 in this case is the default project1 Lazarus comes
>> up with, with one simple form.
>>
>> But, yes. I had to adapt fpc.cfg to tell it which widgetset it has to
>> use: -Fu~/.fppkg/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$FPCTARGET/*/gtk2
>
> You cheater! ;)

Yeah, but now I think of it....

At first I tried to keep the directory-structure similar to Lazarus'
file-structure. But I decided to let this go and use just what's the
easiest... Nothing forbids me to place the units of the default
packagevariant (widgetset in this case) in the root.... Then I don't
need this trick anymore.

Regards,

Joost.