[Lazarus] Can't start lazarus trunk

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Jan 3 22:27:51 CET 2019

Op 03-01-19 om 21:17 schreef Martok via lazarus:
> Am 03.01.2019 um 11:00 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via lazarus:
> I build clean Lazarus (not even bigide) + FPC from trunk using fpclazup, start
> it, and now receive a warning that wasn't there on last week's build. What steps
> do I need to take to fix this? I will most definitely *not* put fpc in my
> %PATH%, which the dialog wants me to do. Can't it just use the $(CompPath) macro?

You could add it to the path, start Lazarus once, and then remove it
again. Will that do?

On unices (Linux/Darwin) you can use the 'samplecfg' script to create a
new configuration. (It wil also create a new fpc.cfg, so if you modified
that one, be carefull. Samplecfg will create a backup, though.)

I actually don't know how to create the configuration files on Windows.
(Except from letting Lazarus create them automatically based on the
path, as described above. Or create them manually, or use fpcmkcfg...
well... damn..)

There is another option: install the Lazarus fppkgpackagemanager
package. Then select from the menu 'package' -> 'extra packages' ->
'Show Fppkg Package Manager'. It will present a dialog to create the
right configuration files.

Or, maybe, just wait for a better solution.

Regards,

Joost