[Lazarus] Auto session store etc.

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jan 4 12:32:49 CET 2019

On Fri, 4 Jan 2019 12:08:56 +0100
Florian Klämpfl via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Is there any possibility that lazarus auto stores the current session
> (project file, source files, session information etc.) every xxxx s?

No.

A simple save is easy to implement. But there are some cases which
makes it difficult in general:

- If it would trigger a normal "save all" and you have just created
  some new files or are in the middle of a refactoring you will get
  suddenly save and message dialogs. I personally would hate that
  interruption.
- I often open a file, change something and save it as another
  name. An autosave would play havoc here.
- It would be better if the autosave would save the changed files in a
  separate location (e.g. .lazarus/autosave), which can then be
  restored on next start. But that requires some more work.

> Background is that I am starting another trial to use linux as
> desktop system but within in a few days I have already lost changes
> because lazarus was just killed on shutdown (well, actually I would
> prefer to have linux just hibernating instead of shutdown, but this
> is another story).
>
> Furthermore, is there any option to store the green bars which
> indicate changed sources between different runs of lazarus?

Wouldn't that accumulate over time so that everything becomes green?
You need some "reset".

Mattias