[Lazarus] Tell me, does this application exist?

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Jan 6 18:10:14 CET 2019

On 1/6/19 9:29 AM, Anthony Walter via lazarus wrote:
> wkitty42,
>
> Yes, I want to use a tablet as a digitizer for a desktop computer, but with a
> modification. I want the tablet to be able to have easy access to specific
> commands for programs, such as change brush shape, size, color, change the
> active tool, and change options for the active tool.

when i last used a digitizer for drawing (shapes/letters on signage vinyl to be
cut with a knife plotter), the digitizer we used could be configured with an
area for drawing and another area for access to the menus for changing the
options... but we didn't do that... instead we used the digitizer like a common
mouse. the pointer never had problems accessing any of the menus in the
application... where ever the stylus went, the on-screen pointer went... we even
stopped using and removed the mice on the workstations that had digitizers
because they did the same thing and those users just used the digitizer for all
mousing around... it didn't matter if it was in autocad or some other signage
related drafting program or outlook or AOL or prodigy or whatever... the
digitizer was just a different mouse...

> I would like to know if someone has already created this type of application for
> android tablets and also associated the service interface desktop computers.

i cannot say that i've ever heard of one but i haven't used a digitizer in at
least 20 years... to me it is still just a different type of mouse...