[Lazarus] how to show hourglass on windows 10 with touch screen?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Jan 24 18:31:14 CET 2019

Il 24/01/2019 14:34, Sven Barth via lazarus ha scritto:
> No, Windows 10 hides the cursor if no input device (mouse, touchpad)
> besides a touchscreen is detected. Cause in that case a cursor "makes
> no sense". Note: this does not mean I agree with that, only that
> Microsoft thinks that.

Just for the record. In our company we manufacture control systems for
automatic machines, and we provide a touch-screen industrial computer,
for easy operator interaction.

In the operating instructions we write:

"If you have difficulties with touch screen, please touch anywhere on
the screen and watch the cursor position, If it happens not to be
exactly at the location you touched, please perform the touch screen
calibration procedure explained below"

Of course we're not using Windows, but rather Linux for a lot of
reasons, the main one being that we need real-time responsiveness.
However this one adds one more reason to the list.

To be honest I must admit that industrial grade touch screens have
dramatically improved during the years, and nowadays the recalibration
is seldom required, nonetheless...

Giuliano

--
Do not do to others as you would have them do to you.They might have different tastes.