[Lazarus] Adding Required Packages paths... dynamically

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Fri Jul 19 15:29:52 CEST 2019

My understanding is that when you add a "required package" what actually
happens is that the IDE adds the package unit paths to the list of unit
paths for your project, and adds the top level .pas file for the package
(which usually has the same name as the package) to the "uses" clause in
your project source file. The latter may not happen if an option is set
in the package itself.

The result is that the package files get linked into your project.
However, if you make the top level .pas file find a conditional
reference from the uses clause then the package files only get linked in
when the conditional is true.

Of course you also must do the same for any other units from the package
that you include in your own unit files i.e. make their use conditional
as well.