[Lazarus] How to do insert/update and select on database

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 21:22:49 CEST 2019

Hi,

I'm new to database programming with Lazarus. So hence possible a couple of
obvious questions!

I would like to do inserts, selects, and updates on a single SQLite
database. I am now using multiple SQLQuery components with all their own
queries. Is this the way it should work?

After a commit, the SQLQuery that populates the DBGrid is closed. Is this
supposed to happen? The transaction component is set to caCommitRetaining.
I believe I read somewhere that it should remain open in that case.

TIA!

Darius