[Lazarus] Now Available Raspberry Pi 4

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 09:17:54 CEST 2019

For those of you that use Lazarus on the Raspberry Pi, you might be pleased
to learn that the Raspberry Pi 4 was revealed a hour ago and is available
for order.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-4-on-sale-now-from-35/

Improvements include a 3x performance boots, up to 4 GB of RAM, USB 3.0,
dual HDMI out, a new 3D graphics core, and more.

With these changes I can see the Pi now as a complete desktop replacement
computer. That is, something which is capable of doing everything you need
with a computer. It should have no problem quickly lading multiple web
pages, playing web video, running all the normal desktop applications such
as Gimp, Audacity, and Lazarus.

I will be ordering one as soon as I can get the new case without buying the
full kit. I will also be updating my download page to include a special
version of FPC and Lazarus more suited to the Pi 4.

Cheers,
Anthony