[Lazarus] Now Available Raspberry Pi 4

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 23:58:54 CEST 2019

On 6/24/2019 12:21 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys via lazarus wrote:
> On 24/06/2019 8:17 am, Anthony Walter via lazarus wrote:
>> With these changes I can see the Pi now as a complete desktop replacement
>> computer.
>
> And only starting at $35 - mind blowing stuff!  :-)

Well, "starting at"...

The 4GB version ("wenn schon, denn schon"... ;-) ) is $55, add to that
that you need also a 5V/3A power supply, a SD card and now new (mini)
HDMI cables or adapters. Add a screen/monitor to it, and/or a camera,
keyboard, mouse and you are north of $100, in range where you get a low
end notebook these days...

Nevertheless, it is a nice step of evolution, specially now that it has
a dedicate Gigabit Ethernet and WiFi chip and doesn't (ab)use the USB
controller for that as on previous models. Wish they could decide to
make a 2 or 3 Ethernet port model, so you can build a really nice and
handy firewall/VPN gateway... :P

That said, Lazarus was workable on a RPi3B+, with just 1GB of RAM...

Ralf

---