[Lazarus] TLabel or TStaticText?

frans fjf.vanleeuwen at quicknet.nl
Fri Mar 15 12:37:07 CET 2019

Hi,

I'm using Lazarus 1.8.4 on Win10. In my application I have a Form with 2
functions. (1) Is to download files from an internet server using ftp,
(2) is to store the data from those files in the datacollection.
Sometimes I loose my internet connection and in that case I want to show
a warning in the the middle of the form and in front of all the other
components. For the warning I use a TLabel component for the layout
parameter tlCenter. But the label is partly hidden behind another
component (TFileListBox) and BringToFront doesn't help.
Now I tried a TStaticText component and that works just fine. Except
that it has no Layout property and no Paint procedure I could override.
Is there a component that gives me all the behaviour I want? Is there a
way to bring the TLabel realy in front of all other components? Is there
a way to vertical align the text of a TStaticText caption?

Thx for your reactions

--
mvg
Frans van Leeuwen

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com