[Lazarus] TLabel or TStaticText?

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Fri Mar 15 15:14:22 CET 2019

Using a TPanel as a container is generally good advice for similar
problems with all TGraphicControl descendents. I often use a TPanel to
contain a TImage for this reason.

Perhaps the point that needs to come across is that TLabel is a
TGraphicControl and is drawn by the LCL, while TStaticText is a
TWinControl descendent (as is TPanel) and is drawn by the underlying
"interface" e.g. GTK2. They thus behave differently e.g. with Z-order.