[Lazarus] IDE

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Fri Mar 15 18:01:30 CET 2019

My guess is that you are using Windows ;) If you are using Linux then
there is a problem with your distro's library manager.

I am sure that it is recommended practice by MS to install dependencies
in an application's folder. Otherwise there is a risk of stealth
upgrades/downgrades. For that reason, IBX always checks the application
folder first when looking for the Firebird DLL and only uses the
registry to locate it and other well known locations, if it can't find
it there. I would be surprised if Lazarus's SQL objects don't work that
way as well.