[Lazarus] Self-set breakpoint on a procedure?

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed May 8 20:17:25 CEST 2019

On 08/05/2019 19:33, Pedro Restrepo via lazarus wrote:
> I have been using Lazarus IDE v2.0.0 r60307 with fpc 3.0.4  on a 64bit
> Windows 10 machine without major issues. However, the debugger
> inserted a breakpoint on the first procedure in the Implementation
> section. There are no breakpoints in the procedure. In fact, I wrote a
> dummy procedure without any body, just the begin and end statements
> besides the procedure name, and call it during the form activation.
>
> Is there any way to clear that breakpoint? If I remove that procedure,
> the debugger will stop at the procedure that becomes the first one
> after the removal of the dummy procedure.

You may have a breakpoint in the interface section.

A breakpoint on a none code line, acts on the next code line found.
A breakpoint in the interface section (none code), acts where?

This is helpful, if the breakpoint is on an empty line, just ONE line
above the code. But not helpful if it is 100 lines above....
It is a gdb "feature", and as of yet we have no workaround.

You can also use the breakpoint window to find breakpoints...