[Lazarus] How to install lazvlc?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu May 9 08:30:12 CEST 2019

On Tue, 07 May 2019 12:15:35 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>On Tue, 7 May 2019 09:41:39 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via
>lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>>> Lazarus users can install the lazvlc package.
>>>
>>> But I can not find where one can obtain this package...
>>
>>It's available in the lazarus installation:
>>
>>lazarus/components/vlc/lazvlc.lpk
>>

>Or rather I found it here:
>
>Package/Install_Uninstall_Packages/Available_for_Installation
>
>I actuially entered lazvlc into the search box and it appeared as
>version 1.0.
>So from there I installed and rebuilt the IDE...
>
>Now I have to get it working too, but youre document should help here.

Unfortunately (for me) the lazvlc package is not graphical so I cannot
use it in RAD fashion...
But I found another package PasLibVlc that does what I need:
https://prog.olsztyn.pl/paslibvlc/

There is also a blog article describing how to get going:
http://lazplanet.blogspot.com/2018/01/how-to-make-simple-video-player-in.html

This made it possible for me to create my videoplayer and it works OK
for the level of functionality described in the blog.

I have run into difficulties trying to implement incremental position
move buttons in the player, though.
Described on the Lazarus forum here:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=45343.new#new

--