[Lazarus] How to install lazvlc?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu May 9 09:36:18 CEST 2019

On Thu, 9 May 2019 08:57:53 +0200 (CEST), Michael Van Canneyt via
lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>> Unfortunately (for me) the lazvlc package is not graphical so I cannot
>> use it in RAD fashion...
>
>What do you mean by this ?
>It's a component you can drop on a form, and on which you can set properties.
>Is this not RAD ?
>
>What is missing to make it usable for you ?

What I mean is: when I drop the TLCLVLCPlayer component on my form I
get a small VLC icon rather than a video viewer panel. It is similart
to dropping a non-visual component like a TOpenDialog on the form....

With the alternative I found (also operating through VLC) I get a
video screen item I can drag the size of and position RAD-fashion on
the form.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden