[Lazarus] Info on the big-O notation

Fri May 10 13:01:07 CEST 2019

Hi,

[not Lazarus specific, but more a general programming question]

Has anybody got a good URL or document or summary email that explains
the big-O notation? It is often used to describe a task/method/algorithm
to say how quick or efficient it runs, or how well coded your method
might be. I kind-of have an idea how it works, but I would really like
to solidify my knowledge of it.

An example usage would be something like:
  There are multiple ways to implement a "find the longest palindrome"
  function. A simple solution would result in O(n^2) runtime, and a well
  optimised solution would produce a O(n) runtime.

Regards,
  Graeme