[Lazarus] TProgressbar moves slowly, is there a hidden setting for faster response?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed May 15 13:34:52 CEST 2019

I am trying to use a TProgressbar to display the position of a playing
video. This works OK while playing.

Now I want to reposition the video by clicking on the progress bar and
it does work, but the bar progress to the new position when clicking
is really slow....

When I click the bar the X position is read in the MouseUp event and
the Video time value is calculated as the correspondinmg number of
milliseconds as used by the VLC player component.
Then the progressbar and the video are repositioned by setting their
position properties to this value.

What happens on screen is that the video *immediately* jumps to the
wanted position and continues playing but the progress bar only
*slowly* advances towards the playing point.
For a jump from the start of the video until near the end it takes
almost 3 seconds to complete.

Why is the TProgressBar doing this when the TTrackBar I used before
displays an instant move?

(I can't use the TTrackBar because of other issues with it)

Using Lazarus 2.0.0 32 bit and fpc 3.0.4 on Windows 7 x64 Pro.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden