[Lazarus] How to switch a project from 32 to 64 bit (on Windows 7 x64)?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue May 28 10:40:28 CEST 2019

On Tue, 28 May 2019 07:13:36 +0000, Patrick Chevalley via lazarus

>This is easy to do that, you only need one Lazarus, the 64bit version and the cross-i386 fpc compiler, you can remove Lazarus 32.
>The only point to be careful is the default target for a new project will be Win64 and you have to add a Win32 build mode to all your projects. But the default target is saved with the project so this is a one time setup.
>And to not overlap 32 and 64 build files you must be sure the Output directory path contain $(TargetCPU).
>
>The files to install are lazarus-2.0.2-fpc-3.0.4-win64 first, then lazarus-2.0.2-fpc-3.0.4-cross-i386-win32-win64, both available from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2064%20bits/Lazarus%202.0.2/
>
>Patrick

Thanks for the description!

Right now I have the following installed in my Win7 x64 environment:
Lazarus 1.6
Lazarus 1.8
Lazarus 1.8.4 32 bit
Lazarus 2.0.0 32 bit
Lazarus 2.0.0 64 bit

All of these have internbal fpc directories containing the
correspondiing fpc compiler files.

Do you recommend uninstalling ALL of these and instead get and install
Lazarus 2.0.2 as described above?

What happens with the project history of the removed versions?
Is there some file I can save to keep that available?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden