[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.6 IDE suddenly disappeared losing a lot of edits...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 10:22:17 CET 2019

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 03:21:11 +0100, Martin Frb via lazarus

>On 24/11/2019 01:30, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
>> And I have been bitten several times the last days by the suddenly
>> disappearing Lazarus application....
>
>If you can.... Run your Lazarus in gdb.
>    gdb path/to/lazarus
>
>and then in gdb hit r and return.

I always start lazarus in the GUI using the menu command.
During installation I create a version dependent .lazarus_2.0.x dir so
I can use different versions on the same system. So the command to
start lazarus in the desktop file is:

Exec=/home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.6/startlazarus
--pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6 %f

What should I do in order to make this work through gdb?

>I know you want to get away from more crashes. And this will mean at
>least one more of them.
>
>It is highly likely that gdb will report some sort of sigsegv or the
>like. And then allow for a backtrace to be made.
>Of course that assumes, that your lazarus is compiled with debug info.

I believe it has because:
- I have not stripped lazarus or startlazarus after ide rebuilds
- The size of lazarus is 260,249,068 bytes
- The size of startlazarus is 29,995,584 bytes

>You can also look into your home dir (or where you start lazarus from),
>or maybe the lazarus dir, or ~/.lazarus.
>Maybe there is a lazarus.core file. Then you already have what you need.

pi at rpi4-gui:~ $ sudo find ./ -name *.core
pi at rpi4-gui:~ $

So at least below home there is no such file...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden