[Lazarus] Cross-compile on Windows for Linux Raspbian (Raspberry Pi) - what are the requirements?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sun Nov 24 12:06:01 CET 2019

Il 24/11/2019 10:08, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha scritto:

> Since I never ever created an environment for cross-compiling on
> Lazarus I really need a simple to follow byt full description on how
> to accomplish the task. Is it even possible for RPi?

I can't help you as far as Windows is concerned, because we learned from
experience to carefully avoid using Windows for any purpose other than
testing applications which must run under Windows. But I can provide our
experience with RPI3.

We installed Lazarus and fpc on Raspberry by using fpcupdeluxe. A few
troubles if not using the latest version of fpcup, but then everything
working just fine. We can develop natively; no lockups or whatever
annoyance.

We did set up a cross environment on Linux (again taking advantage of
fpcupdeluxe) and after a few struggling with the proper setting for the
specific ARM flavour, again no troubles.

But as it is an annoyance sending back and forth binaries, we ended up
with using a git repository in our server, thus sharing sources between
Linux and RPI, and compiling natively on Linux for preliminary testing,
and on RPI for final tests and production.

Hope that it helps.

Giuliano

--
Do not do to others as you would have them do to you.They might have different tastes.