[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.6 IDE suddenly disappeared losing a lot of edits...

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Nov 24 14:46:11 CET 2019

On 24/11/2019 10:22, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 03:21:11 +0100, Martin Frb via lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> If you can.... Run your Lazarus in gdb.
>>     gdb path/to/lazarus
>>
>> and then in gdb hit r and return.
> I can use different versions on the same system. So the command to
> start lazarus in the desktop file is:
>
> Exec=/home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.6/startlazarus
> --pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6 %f
>
> What should I do in order to make this work through gdb?
gdb path/to/lazarus
r  --pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6

path/to would be either
- if writeable: /home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.6/
- otherwise /home/user/.lazarus_2.0.6/
(startlazarus is only needed for: restart and if your laz-install dir is
write-protected (admin install for all users). In the latter case the
rebuild IDE goes into the config path, so each user can have its own
rebuild.)

The %f is missing, so you cant double click the file.
But you need to run gdb from a terminal (so you can execute bt later),
so you need to open the file once the IDE runs.

Check the size of the lazarus executable. It should be over 100MB
(probably over 200). If not you first need to recompile the IDE with
debug settings.
Menu Tools > Configure build lazarus
in the "options" memo enter: -gw
and check "clean all" radio button.

> I believe it has because:
> - I have not stripped lazarus or startlazarus after ide rebuilds
> - The size of lazarus is 260,249,068 bytes
Yes that look good