[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.6 IDE suddenly disappeared losing a lot of edits...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 20:42:18 CET 2019

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 18:27:40 +0100, Bo Berglund via lazarus
>I tried but....
>pi at rpi4-gui:~ $ gdb /home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.6/lazarus r
>--pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6
>gdb: unrecognized option '--pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6'
>Use `gdb --help' for a complete list of options.
>
>So now the --pcp... argument to lazarus becomes an argument to gdb???
>

>>(startlazarus is only needed for: restart and if your laz-install dir is
>>write-protected (admin install for all users). In the latter case the
>>rebuild IDE goes into the config path, so each user can have its own
>>rebuild.)
>
>Does this mean that I should change the Exec in the desktop file
>should be changed from startlazarus to simply lazarus?
>
>>The %f is missing, so you cant double click the file.
>>But you need to run gdb from a terminal (so you can execute bt later),
>
>>so you need to open the file once the IDE runs.
>
>Normally the previously open project is loaded as soon as the Lazarus
>IDE runs, is this not going to happen now (provided one can get rid of
>the error message above)? I assume you mean open the project?
>
>--

After reading the gdb --help screen:

pi at rpi4-gui:~ $ gdb --args /home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.6/lazarus
--pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.6
GNU gdb (Raspbian 8.2.1-2) 8.2.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "arm-linux-gnueabihf".
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from /home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.6/lazarus...done.
(gdb) quit
pi at rpi4-gui:~ $

--args needed to send the last arguments to the application
Still Lazarus does not show up on screen...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden