[Lazarus] The future of the Lazarus IDE

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:38:09 CET 2019

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 11:35:20 +0100, Florian Klämpfl via lazarus

>> I for one spend 3-4 months every year in my cottage where we only have
>> mobile Internet and at speeds that vary depending on how many
>> neighbors are visiting the island all at the same time. In popular
>> summer weeks speeds go down into low single digit Mbit/s.
>
>May I quote you in discussions :)))? Here in Germany, Sweden is always
>taken as an example where even the smallest cottage has internet by fiber.

Of course :-)
But my summer cottage case is a special one: sparesly populated area
with difficult terrain, mostly granite islands with very little soil
for digging.

At least 2, maybe 3 years ago I signed up for fiber access to my
summer cottage in the Stockholm archipelago. Apparently they would get
me connected within a year. Still no fiber...

But only yesterday I received an email from the company stating that
they were now working on the fiber poroject on these islands.
Apparently they think they can connect us within 2 years or so....

At home (a suburb of Stockholm) I have 250/100 fiber since 2013.
That makes it even more of a drag to be subjected to the mobile
broadband data speeds. When it is good at the island (spring/autumn)
one can get maybe 20/5 Mbit/s but during summer vacations when the
population multiplies many times over it drops to sub-Mbit/s very
often.
Too much on-line video usage, I think.

--
Bo Berglund