[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.6 IDE suddenly disappeared losing a lot of edits...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 12:08:30 CET 2019

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 10:31:51 +0100, Bo Berglund via lazarus

>OK, This worked!
>Now I have a Lazarus IDE running after starting via gdb.
>Lets see how long it will take before the next crash...

So it has been running fine now for 72 hours while I have coded a lot.
No crashes that plagued me last week. :)

Two possibilities:
1) GDB itself makes the Lazarus application behave better?
2) Not using startlazarus when starting lazarus?

I did use the lazarus program for gdb and not startlazarus...

If it is the second item then I could well create another desktop file
that starts lazarus directly instead of using startlazarus in the exec
command in the desktop file.

OTOH, if I want to add a package to Lazarus it is my understanding
that it needs startlazarus in order to recompile itself properly.
So is that only possible if I have started lazarus by startlazarus or
will it be able to do the same also if it runs from lazarus only?

Note that here I am talking about running in Linux (Raspbian) and NOT
on Windows...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden