[Lazarus] OSX 64 bit Cocoa + Catalina Installer

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 03:15:59 CEST 2019

Ryan,

To answer your question, I just haven't taken the time to try out lldb yet.
I guess it can be switched to lldb in the Lazarus interface.

About that crash, it probably comes from somewhere in the Cocoa widgetset,
which is currently still in development. It's far along enough to enable
the Lazarus IDE to run, but still has problems. Unfortunately Catalina and
all OSX versions going forward are 64 bit only, and Carbon is 32 bit only,
so we're all going to have to help improve the Cocoa widgetset. The means
were going to need to fix errors like you posted. Hopefully we can get some
patches submitted to Mantis tagged with Cocoa.