[Lazarus] OSX 64 bit Cocoa + Catalina Installer

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 19:06:51 CEST 2019

I have to search my backup drives for some of this code, but I believe I
also added a few extra classes to simplify some of the weirdness of Apple's
classes. For example I greatly simplified the steps needed to work with
CGContext and CGBitmapContextCreate such that it was completely
transparent. A TCGBitmap class was defined (not in the framework, but
wrapping CGBitmapContextCreate), and it would be compatible with
TCGContext, but adding methods for loading, saving, blitting ect.

Also some types have been simplified, NSString becomes regular pascal
string, NSRect/CGRect becomes TRectF, and so on.

Obviously defining all these types is definitely a lot of work, but to
reiterate it does aid in type safety, object management, and discovery (how
to combine the use the Framework objects with each other). One approach to
tackling all this work, if anyone decides it's beneficial, might be to add
it in gradually for what is needed, which is how I am using it right now.