[Lazarus] Showing selection on drawing under Cocoa

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Wed Oct 16 22:33:18 CEST 2019

Is there an easy way of indicating a selection on a plot in Cocoa? I
have a plot that is relatively time consuming to plot (particularly
under Cocoa), and I want to be able to indicate the area selected with a
mouse. On other widget sets I can xor a rectangle and do this quickly in
the mouse event handler, but this is not possible under Cocoa because
you can only plot during a paint event, so I have to invalidate the
selected area and redraw the entire plot just to show a selection.

Am I missing something? How does the Cocoa toolkit expect this to be done?

Colin