[Lazarus] OSX 64 bit Cocoa + Catalina Installer

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Oct 23 19:16:18 CEST 2019

On 23/10/19 18:25, Dan Star via lazarus wrote:
>> On 23/10/19 15:37, Dan Star via lazarus wrote:
>> /> Had to install MacPorts manually on my Catalina Mac.  Used LLVM
>> />/> Lazarus 2.1 installed and runs OK.   Note that GDB Debugger I
>> cannot />/> get to work with Cocoa. />>//>/> Dan />
>> You do not need the gdb debugger. just switch to "lldb (with fpdebug)"
>>

> I do not know where to down the fpdebug package so it shows in the
> Debugger Window for picking.   It is not listed there (script didn't
> install it).  Please advise.  Thanks.

It is included in Lazarus, but may need to be added as package.

Menu Package > Install Packages

There should be LazDebuggerFPLldb  (ensure FP in the name).

Then rebuild

If you cant find it, the package is in
components/lazdebuggers/lazdebuggerfplldb

Then go to Tools > Options

under debugger > debugger backend

you can change the settings. Instead of gdb, choose usr/bin/lldb (or
whatever path lldb has)

lldb comes with the apple tools

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,42869.0.html