[Lazarus] Qt5 build of program, modal dialogs go to background

AlexeyT aaa5500 at ya.ru
Sat Oct 26 09:01:28 CEST 2019

I did install the libqt5pas (on Ubuntu x64), i just cannot detect qt5
version from terminal. The problem is with LCL application CudaText:

a) its dialog Plugins / Options Editor cannot be dragged by mouse, it
always jumps to back of main Cudatext window

b) new problem found in application CudaText on FEDORA x64. It has KDE
Plasma with qt5 and libqt5pas. (sudo yum install qt5pas). When I call
dialog Plugins / Options Editor, Cudatext crashes:

./cudatext: undefined symbol: QTextEdit_setPlaceholderText

On 26.10.2019 9:49, zeljko wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't understand what is exact problem. You cannot build
> libQt5Pas with qmake or you have problem with Qt5LCL application ?
> I'm using LinuxMint 19.2 on my laptop and there I have qmake (qt5) and
> qmake-qt4 installed.
>
> zeljko

Alexey