[Lazarus] OSX 64 bit Cocoa + Catalina Installer

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Oct 31 13:40:47 CET 2019

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 15:36:54 -0500
Dan Star via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On my other Catalina Mac I cannot install LLDB FPDebug.  I get the
> following error when I rebuild the IDE with fpdebug and laz...fplldb
> packages:
>
>     Build IDE: Exit code 2, Errors: 3
>     Error: ld: framework not found Cocoa
>     make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
>     make[1]: *** [idepkg] Error 2
>     Error: make: *** [idepkg] Error 2
>     An error occurred while linking
>     Error: Error while linking
>
> Xcode 11.1 is installed so I assume the Cocoa Framework (only needed
> for programming or for Macos too?) is installed too.   Please advise.

I upgraded from Mojave to Catalina

executed "xcode-select --install"

And then to find the crt1.10.5 I changed in /etc/fpc.cfg the -Fl behind
"#ifdef cpux86_64" from
-Fl/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchain...
-Fl/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib/

Now Lazarus can compile itself.

Mattias