[Lazarus] LazDataDesktop: transaction handling

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Sep 4 20:02:28 CEST 2019

Hello (Michael)!

I started to use LazDataDesktop because PgAdmin4 is horrible.

I have a problem with transactions with Postgres connection (well I
tested only Postgres connection).

I found out that when using the SQL editor, I can type "COMMIT" and
"ROLLBACK" - so far so good. (Well I would like to have a tool button
for these commands but OK for now - I may add them in the future.)

The real problem: I cannot apply edited data from the DB grid. I keep
getting this error:

I have clicked on the tick button - it got disabled. I have also clicked
on the button next to refresh - well I don't know that the button does
because it has no hint and caption, but I clicked on it nevertheless :) :

But still I get the error above and the data is not written.

How can I commit the changes made in the data grid?

Thanks
Ondrej