[Lazarus] FileExistsUTF8() difference between Unix/Windows

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 00:20:35 CEST 2019

On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 7:15 PM Mattias Gaertner via lazarus

> You are right. So the change is actually: FileExistsUT8 no longer
> supports fpc 2.6.4. Right?

I don't think Lazarus supports 2.6.4 anymore.
"Officially" we support current stable and the previous stable version
of fpc, so that would be 3.0.4 and 3.0.2 ATM.
(Maybe even 3.0.0)

I _think_ that if you define DisableUtf8RTL then unicode isn't
supported in these routines anymore.
I never tested that.
Having that define is like fighting the system, not using it.

IIRC it was debated in https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35512

--
Bart