[Lazarus] We are planning the next release: Lazarus 2.0.8

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:10:57 CEST 2020

Martin,

I haven't reported this bug because it's difficult to reproduce, but with
some of the recent releases and many of the trunk check in there seems to
be a lot of problems with the sparta docked form designer (DFD), at least
on Linux gtk2.

What happens is that with the DFD installed on Linux gtk2 as the user tries
to use the left mouse button in the designer to either click on or lasso
select controls, the designer acts as if the previous selection is included
in the selection. This happens randomly. The effect is that DFD is
difficult to use. You go to select a control by clicking on it and instead
it creates a selection group including the item you click on and whatever
was last selected. This prevents users from editing a component or control
using the DFD and instead they have to clear the selection (by clicking on
a blank area of the form) then clicking on a control or component. It is
very annoying, but doesn't happen 100% of the time, more like 50%.

When you have a revision number you feel comfortable for me to test, I can
try it and report the status of this issue back. If it fails with that
revision I can submit a mantis issue and perhaps look at what's going on as
well.

For anyone else, if you are using Linux, gtk2, and the DFD, it would be
helpful if you could confirm this behavior and perhaps note the pattern you
see. That is what is happening when this problem occurs.

Thanks.