[Lazarus] Keyboard interpreted incorrectly?

R.Smith ryansmithhe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:02:25 CEST 2020

Are you using it through a Remote desktop or VM or such?

Check the Ctrl key is not pressed. i is the 9th letter and TAB is the
9th ASCII character. Similarly m is the 13th letter and NewLine is the
13th ACII character - which makesĀ  it seem to me somewhere the keyboard
is getting confused.

Does this work correctly when you edit a text file?

If so, check the Lazarus Tools-->Options for keyboard input (keys can be
assigned specifically there, maybe you have a weird set assigned),
although I do not know of a standard setting that would cause this. I
have however seen stuff like that happen when I had the Ctrl and/or Alt
key stuck down or used it via remote desks.

Good luck!
Ryan