[Lazarus] Lazarus on Ubuntu 18 does not restore all minimized windows with the main window

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Sun Apr 12 21:38:25 CEST 2020

El 12/4/20 a les 11:45, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha escrit:
> I have installed FPC 3.0.4/Lazarus 2.0.6 from sources retrieved by SVN
> onto a repurposed HP EliteBook 8440w laptop where I have installed
> Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.
>
> Lazarus starts up OK and I can build an application, which I have
> created in Windows (project sources retrieved via SVN onto the
> laptop). Things seem to work pretty well, if not perfect.
>
> However I have been annoyed by one thing that is really disturbing:
>
> If I minimize Lazarus using the minimize button in the upper right
> corner of the main window (where the menu and all component tabs are)
> then all other windows are also minimized as expected.
> But if I restore the main window by clicking on its placeholder in the
> bottom bar, then ONLY that window appears, all others remain minimized
> and I have to click on each and every of these to get them back.
>
> What have I missed here? Is there a setting I have overlooked?
>
> I have never seen this in Windows and also not on RaspberryPi with
> Raspbian Wheezy-Jessie-Pixel-Buster. All have worked the same as on
> Windows in this respect.

I suppose it depends on the window manager/desktop environment.
FWIW it doesn't happen here with kubuntu 19.10 and lazarus 2.0.6 (though
I compiled it with fpc 3.2RC1 instead of 3.0.4 but I don't think that
makes a difference).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007