[Lazarus] Lazarus on Ubuntu 18 does not restore all minimized windows with the main window

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:17:14 CEST 2020

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 23:22:48 +0200, Luca Olivetti via lazarus

>El 12/4/20 a les 22:24, Bo Berglund via lazarus ha escrit:
>> On Sun, 12 Apr 2020 22:16:06 +0200, Bo Berglund via lazarus
>> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know if this is a problem with Ubuntu or with Lazarus on
>>> Ubuntu but it is rather annoying in any case.

>As I said I use kubuntu (ubuntu with kde desktop) where this problem
>doesn't arise (but only if I restore the main window, any other window
>only restores itself), so I suppose it's a similar feature of the kde
>taskbar, its purpose it to show only one instance of various similar
>windows on the taskbar to save space.

Hi Luca!
I have now solved this problem by installing the MATE desktop handler
in my Ubuntu 18.04 laptop!
https://itsfoss.com/install-mate-desktop-ubuntu/

After it was done I now have a much more useful environment (in my
view as a programmer in any case) and there is no more
minimize/restore problem. It works exactly as in Windows and Raspbian
Buster concerning the window handling.

So I did not have to start over altogether but can still keep what I
have done so far.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden