[Lazarus] Online Package Manager errors ?

Balázs Székely getmem1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:15:17 CEST 2020

Hi Michael,

I tried to install a package using the package manager (Brook framework).
> The package manager tells me the compile failed.
> How can I see what the actual error is ?

The Message Window is not obscured by OPM, usually I check the error
messages there.
Ideally you shouldn't see any error messages :), however there are too many
Lazarus/FPC version/widgetsets. I cannot check each package on every single
platform. This should be the package maintainers job.
In Lazarus trunk there is a small improvement though, if a package is not
tested against a specific widgetset/Laz/FPC version, OPM will warn you,
that the package compile might fail.

Or must I open the package manually, compile manually to see the error ?
> If so, why isn't there a 'open this package' entry in the list of packages
> ?

 This is a good idea, I can add an "open this package" entry.

have no easy way of locating the package.
> In the options, I found where the OLPM downloads the packages,
> but to get there on a mac involves an insane amount of clicking,
> provided I managed to remember the location where the package is supposed
> be...

Please click the "Local Repo" button(see attachment) , it will open a file
manager window with the folder where the packages are installed.

regards,
Balázs.