[Lazarus] EAccessViolation exception on exit qt5 project in Kubuntu 19.10

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Apr 13 19:43:35 CEST 2020

El 13/4/20 a les 19:31, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
> El 13/4/20 a les 18:37, Erwin van den Bosch via lazarus ha escrit:
>> Just installed a fresh Kubuntu 19.10 with libQt5Pas (via: sudo apt
>> install libqt5pas-dev)
>>
>> But running a compiled qt5 program on this machine always exits with
>> an unhandled exception: EAccessViolation.
>>
>> This also happens with a simple project. (no code, just new project
>> and hit compile)
>>
>> A simple project compiled on a linux Mint 18.3 with Qt 5.6.1 also
>> exits with EAccessViolation on Kubuntu 19.10.
>>
>> Any ideas how to solve this?
>
> No such problem here, but I compiled libQt5Pas myself, though I don't
> remember if I compiled it clean or reused from a previous kubuntu release.
> IIRC I followed the instructions here
>
> https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Qt5_Interface#Qt5_on_Ubuntu_18.4
>
> specifically the part where it says "If you wish to build your own
> library, what you need is in your Lazarus tree, bindings sources are
> located in lcl/interfaces/qt5/cbindings , to build it just follow
> README.txt."

Now I tried installing the packaged libqt5pas and still see no segfault.
Note that this isn't a fresh install, I dist-upgraded it (or better
do-release-upgraded it) many times, but I don't think that should matter.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007